Monday, June 16, 2008

Derb Dabachi


Derb Dabachi is rather a gritty street that leads north away from Place Djemma Elfna.
Here rather modest dress shops sit beneath satellite dishes.



Outside the dress shop on the corner of Derb Djedid, a young boy sweeps the street while the figures in the glass case seem to wait quietly with their hands folded........



This is the window of the local pharmacy where I got our prescriptions filled.
The people in the pharmacy were very friendly and charming.
I like the picture of the arteries and the veins.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great glimpses of everyday life.

SandraRee said...

Friendly and charming mean a lot in my book. Lovely post. :)

Traveling Mama said...

I'm so sad to hear that we won't be seeing many more of your pictures here. I hope all is well for you. We'll miss seeing you here!

Lavinia said...

I've never seen a pharmacy window like this; it's fascinating

Hey Harriet said...

That is a most unusual looking pharmacy window display. Much more interesting than most I've seen!