Saturday, January 26, 2008

Afternoon Tea


This is a shop where they sell...........paint.


A friend was coming to tea, so I walked to the best patisserie marocaine shop in town.
These little cakes/pastries are full of nuts and honey, chocolate and coconut.
So tiny, so delicious. Impossible to eat only one.


The first irises of the spring season have arrived to join the roses which bloom all year.


Aziz arranges them into a bouquet for me.
When K. arrives, I discover she has brought an identical little white box of cakes tied in the same pale green ribbon.
However, she has picked out ones with chocolate on.
We sit on the roof looking at the mountains and and are almost too hot in the sun which threatens to melt the chocolate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friend bring the same box of pastries shows that great minds think alike. ;-)

I'd love to learn how to make some of those pastries.

The flowers look beautiful.

Paz

Mélanie said...

I love all these pastries !!!
I'm afraid about my diet !!

Mari said...

I´ve been once at Morocco. Your photos showed to me, what I rememberd best: mint tea, flavours, colours and roses.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Tea on the roof in the almost too hot Moroccan sun - that sounds idyllic to me on this cold rainy Sunday! As long as there is something shady to sit under!

I've said it before, but I just love the colors over there!