Friday, January 11, 2008

An Arrival at the Airport


I spent part of the afternoon at the airport which is in the process of being made large, modern and swanky. At the moment you go through all the new construction to the old bit which was really rather like a railway station. Of course I like the old airport better.

Walking with R. through the square we noticed how brightly dressed the Moroccans are compared to Londoners or New Yorkers who favor black clothing.

In the evening we took a walk through the square which is what visitors like to do. This photo is from pretty much the same spot as the one above it.

I'm not sure exactly what is happening here - probably some sort of magic trick.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Wonderful windows on that airport! I love all the colorfully-dressed people...that is exciting to see! Happy weekend to you ((HUGS))

Willow said...

I love all the colorful clothing. I've noticed that the closer one is to the equator, the brighter the clothing and the more vibrant the colors in the architecture, also.

I almost mentioned Farmers Market but I thought no one would believe me that there is a 'Farmers Market' in LA. We loved to wander around in there and either have a meal at the Singapore/Indonesian stall or run down Fairfax for Ethiopian food at Nyala.

Did you ever go to Grand Central Market in LA at 3rd, 4th, Hill and Broadway?

Unknown said...

Maryam's blog pointed me to yours and I've been following along for about a week now. I love it! It's giving me another peek into the country of my heart. The pictures feed my soul.

I haven't ever seen pictures of the airports, and are something I wish I could see more of, since I know they are the first thing I'll see when I finally arrive. From what I can see here, they're just as amazing as I imagine.

Thanks for posting all these :)

Traveling Mama said...

I've always been amazed by how different it is here in Morocco at night- especially in the cities. Everyone is ready to come out and have a good time!

Unknown said...

The paving in the square looks so modern compared to a couple years ago!

Madame Monet

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Elizabeth, I am very much enjoying your beautiful photos from your part of the world, ever since I recently discovered your blog over at Merisi's. I would like to add your blog to my sidebar--is that OK with you??

Anonymous said...

I love airports and railroad stations -- places where people travel from. There's such excitement there (for the better or the worse). You're right about the clothing. Nice and bright as opposed to other countries, where everyone wears black. ;-) I love the bright colors, though. They're much happier.

Paz (who wore black 3 times this week)