Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fishing


Quite a lot of blue in Essouira. Here the seagulls circle the innards of fish being discarded by the dock.

Towers built by the Portuguese guard the harbor.

I think the fishermen go out to sea in bigger boats than these in a sheltered part of the harbor.

The sea looks frightening and powerful. Waves smash against jagged rocks. Not a good place for a shipwreck.

For more - and better - photos of Essouira go to
claudiaschmid.blogspot.com
This is my daughter who was in Essouira on my previous visit in December.
I would make a link if I knew how..........!!

11 comments:

Krimo said...

I went to Essaouira in July. Loved the gypsy-hippy feel. An amazing place!
And Majorelle in November. Your photos are beautiful.

Willow said...

Oh how I love the coastline of any sea! Great photos.

Elizabeth said...

Yes, the coastline here is stunning - wide sand beaches, sand dunes, then cliffs with caves and rock pools. Reminds me a little of north Cornwall.
Sea rather cold - but windsurfers love it.

Tracy said...

The sky is a warm blue there...It is a cold blue here in Norway at the moment. It is so beautiful, rich and varied where you are--it is a joy to see! Happy Day ((HUGS))

Jennifer Thermes said...

Hi Elizabeth- I followed you over from my blog. I love all your photos- are the colors really that vibrant in person? Beautiful! (Especially being in the depths of winter over here...)

Elizabeth said...

Yes!
All the colors seem almost supercharged here - which means I'll try to take some quiet pictures soon.
My daughter
claudiaschmid.blogspot.com
has some good photos of Essouira taken a few weeks ago.
She is a real photographer. I'm learning from her...

Cream said...

Hi, Elizabeth. I didn't realise I had signed with my restaurant's blog id.
Greetings from a wet Hartlepool.
Cream...Krimo...

ObsessionMaroc said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Enjoy your trip to Essaouira: my favourite place along with Marrakech! I miss them and all my friends there so much!!!
Joan

fanny.™ said...

Wow, The sky looks Amazing. It looks so blue, :D!

markel said...

that place looks awesome

Anonymous said...

wonderful! I love Marrakesh! Congratulations,your blog and photos so beautiful!