Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Details


Little narcissus in a garden at the Bahia Palace. It's very unusual to see bulbs here where it's mostly palm trees and hibiscus - a glimpse of spring in colder climes.



Mint tea on the roof - sweet and reviving.



A doorstep in the Bahia palace which is a positive ode to the delights of 'shabby-chic' - there's something a bit dead about perfect things...........



Shadows from a doorway.......our daughter said once that photographs aren't about things but about light........

8 comments:

weirdbunny said...

Our rabbit has just eaten all our sprouting bulbs !

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

More beautiful glimpses! That last one with the shadows is amazing. And I so love the tiles in the photo of the door.

Barbara said...

Thanks for your return visit and your comments Elizabeth.
Your daughter is certainly right looking at this picture.

Carolyn said...

Hi ELizabeth, I hace enjoyed so much strolling through your blog. Its wonderful to see and read all about Marrakesh through your eyes. I read many posts here the other day but I have lots more to go through, its a delight. A big thank you for visiting my blog last week too. The shadow picture is simply beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love these details.

Paz

Elizabeth said...

Everyone -
thank you so much for your kind comments.
I am having so much fun tryin to come up with ideas each day and trying not to be too repetitive!

Carolyn -tried to get back to your blog - but only typepad logo came up.
Can you send me it in an e-mail?

smilnsigh said...

I love what your daughter said.... Very perceptive of her.

And I love little close-up photos. Details, as you call them.

There are places for showing a larger vista, like your photos of the market square {I hope I have the correct words...}. But more and more, I am loving photos of details.

Mari-Nanci

paris parfait said...

Lovely photos of beautiful imperfection - and yes, the best photos have wonderful light!